If you are trying to get off sugar then you absolutely have to try keto style ‘fat bombs’ – they will save you! And the fats totally won’t turn into fat. Not at all. It just doesn’t work that way.
The best thing you can do for metabolism is to simply cut out the sugar. But that doesn’t mean depriving yourself ok. Bring back the coconut oil, cacao butter and nutrient dense nut butter and make yourself a quick treat that sets in the freezer in no time.
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, shaved with a knife
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond brazil cashew butter with macadamia (I have a this blend I buy but use your own natural blend or even plain almond)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of murray river sea salt
- Boil a kettle and then fill a glass bowl with hot water.
- Place a second glass bowl with cacao butter and coconut oil inside the glass. Stir slightly, reboil water and replace after 5 mins. Continue until melted.
- Next add nut butter, same as above until melted through.
- Stir in vanilla and mesquite plus salt, then add cacao powder slowly stirring through.
- Once mixed pour into silicon ice cube trays or a small dish lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs then pop in freezer to set.
- Serve frozen!
Enjoy as a totally guilt free treat. The fats are a perfect way to promote satiety, and it’s sugar free which helps your metabolism burn fat efficiently.
Store extra in freezer. You won’t be able to overeat because it’s so filling!
Sita Huber, BHSc