Moist and moorishly sayisfying you won’t even notice there’s no added sugar because two bananas is quite sweet enough. We really don’t need more!
I love the whole concept of ‘sugar by half’, and training our tastebuds to enjoy less sugar. Also swapping traditional or gluten free flour for almond meal will steer you towards a lower carb lifestyle which can drastically improve your body ccomposition , mood and energy.
Make sure you keep the flavour rich by boosting your sugar free recipes with some extra healthy fat like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or grassfed butter. Fats are better for your body and your taste buds will feel like they’ve indulged. Plus the oil keeps your baking moist and delicious.
Now if you’ve got 2 ripe bananas hanging around this recipe will work a charm and takes 30 miSo here we go.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1.5 cups almond meal (or living intentions gluten free activated flour mix)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Place all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Line bread pan with baking paper and coat with coconut oil.
- Pour mixture in tin, bake for 18-20 mins.
- Remove from after 5 mins to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with tahini and bee pollen or cacao nibs.
Makes a great low sugar snack, dessert or breakfast. Freeze some for later if you can!
Recipe Credit: This recipe was created by my beautiful daughter Ocea. Who happens to be an amazing rock star cook.