This is a gorgeous filling salad that warms the belly and has such simple yummy and nourishing ingredients. Plus it looks so festive! The flavours are slightly sweet against the bitter rocket, and this is quite easily your new go-to salad that everyone will fall in love with.
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, washed, skin on, seeds removed, cut in 2-3 inch chunks
- 4 beets whole, washed and wrapped in foil
- 1 packet rocket (arugula)
- 3 tbs (for cooking) + 3 tbs (for dressing) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet of soft goat cheese
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 380 C.
- Place wrapped beets in oven for 60 mins.
- Now start prepping everything else.
- Place cut pumpkin on baking try coated with a few tbs of olive oil. Season, then roast for 35-40 mins til tender. Set aside when done.
- Place rocket in a bowl, dress with lemon, olive oil and seasoning. Set aside.
- When beets are cooked, let cool slightly, then use the back of a knife or spoon to remove peel. It’s a bit messy but will wash off eventually! Cut peeled beets into same size chunks as pumpkin.
- Stack everything on top of rocket in the bowl, finishing with cheese then pomegranate. Serve cool or warm.