Did you know a potato has roughly the same amount of carbs as a banana? They are also rich in vitamin C and contain a rare type of resistant starch that feeds a healthy gut. And ALL root veggies make a wonderful fry. What’s not good are processed oils used to make commercial fries, and the 27 ingredients used in the fast food ones that so many people eat.We need better from our food suppliers, but in the meantime I recommend turning on your oven, getting out the extra virgin olive oil and a few spices and DIY these beauties.
- 1 x potatoe, 1 parsnip, 1 purple carrot, 1 orange carrot (or heck just use potatoes!)
- 4-6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2-3 tsp fried or fresh thyme
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Wash but don’t peel your root veggies. Slice into chunky fries. Don’t be too worried, a few different sizes creates different textures.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss together until fries are nicely coated.
- Next place on a baking tray and pop into preheated oven at 180 for 30 mins.
This is a great feel-good treat and is especially yummy with a Smokey Chipotle Sauce.
Here’s to no more fast food!