Soup is the perfect way to give your digestive system some rest, boost your nutrients and support detoxification. Kale in particular is packed with vibrant green chlorophyll which is amazing to help pull toxins from the body as it moves through the gut. You’re receiving the whole food, plus nourishing fats which encourage your body to burn energy efficiently and stabilise blood sugar. Fats also help your body absorb all the amazing phyto nutrients found in plant foods so are a key to healthy detox.
I share more about Soup Cleansing in The Mindful Detox
- 1 litre bone or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale (equivalent to about 4 cups chopped)
- 1 apple
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- salt to taste
- 4 tbs extra Virgin olive oil
- Saute onion lightly in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add apple, kale, garlic and ginger plus a little stock.
- Cook til soft then add stock and simmer for 15.
- Blend well.
Serve with a dollop of organic Greek yogurt, sour cream or if you’re cleansing go for non dairy coconut cream.