Grain free baking is a way to completely transform the way you eat, and will provide your body a break from traditionally refined flours and sugars that are contributing to many of our modern hormonal and health problems.
Once you get the hang of this method and stock your pantry with the right things, you will never look back.
Step 1. Mix liquids
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or butter (melted but not hot)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbs vanilla protein powder (I use Bare Blends WPI or Garden of Life Whey Sport)
- 1 Tbs maple syrup, honey, rice malt syrup or a few drops of vanilla stevia for lower carb
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Whisk together, then set aside.
Step 2. Assemble dry ingredients
- 1 Cup Fine Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Green Banana Flour
- 2 Tbs Coconut flour
- 1 Tbs Arrowroot flour (optional)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg pinch of ground cloves
Optional: Instead of buying all the different flours, you can start your grain-free baking with Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour and use that instead (2 cups + 3 Tbs)
Step 3. Stir in nuts
Step 4. Pour and bake
Pour into muffin tins greased with coconut oil.
Bake for 18-22 minutes at 350. Eat some warm, store the rest in the fridge or freeze.
Delicious smothered with organic butter.
Yours in shining health,
Ps. Yes, these are Mind Body Reset friendly!