Australian native botanicals provide incredibly unique flavour profiles and as an avid lemon lover, the distinctive freshness and depth of lemon myrtle in particular is way up there for my palette. This salad was invented on a lazy summer night, and with any easy to achieve kitchen inventions, I soon began replicating. If you don’t have Mango is season, try with pear. It’s really about getting that lovely bitter green of rocket balanced with the sweetness of fruit, without over doing the sugar. The greens, protein and olive oil combo is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy skin, mood and gut, and this recipe is Mind Body Reset friendly.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp lemon myrtle
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp Murray River salt (or to taste)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups rocket
- 1/2 fresh mango
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp verjus
- Touch of salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
1. Place your chicken between parchment paper, flatten slightly with a meat tenderiser then season with spices and dust with arrowroot.
2. Heat olive oil on med-high, then fry chicken for about 4-5 mins each side until cooked through.
3. Set aside to rest.
4. While this is cooking place rocket and finely sliced cucumber in a bowl.
5. Whisk dressing ingredients then pour over salad.
6. Top salad with thinly slice mango and chicken. Enjoy!