Creamy textures are usually associated with dairy products, but the truth is you can get this without. It’s all about the healthy fat!! Pre-soaked cashews are the perfect base for non-dairy ‘cheese’ style sauces, and blended with olive oil you have a perfect cream. Once you master the basic version, you can go on to experiment with a world of flavour and fun. I add a handful of basil and garlic or roasted beetroot for variety.
For this avocado sauce, I’ve used either my own home-made version of cashew cheese as well as one I get from my local health food store. Whatever is easiest.
You will love this delicious and filling recipe. Fats are so satisfying plus they give you well shaped cells that communicate better, boost your metabolism and help your hormones stay in balance. It’s really an amazing way to eat! This is also one of the quickest no-fuss meals going, and as long as you’ve got your cashew cheese or aioli, it’s literally under 5 minutes!
Also keto (skip the pear if you’re strict) and Mind Body Reset friendly.
- 2 x zuchini spiralled into spaghetti
- 2 tbs cashew cheese (plus 1 clove crushed garlic) or Botanical Cuisine Garlic Aioli
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup rocket
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Murray river (or your own favourite) salt to taste
- 2 tbs walnuts chopped
- 1/2 pear, finely sliced into matchsticks (optional)
- Prepare your zoodles, then place in dry pan on medium heat.
- As they are heating up, mash your avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and cashew cheese together.
- Then slice pear.
- After 1 minute toss rocket and sauce onto the zoodles. Stir gently over heat just until warmed through, then remove and serve.
- Top with walnuts, a side of pear and a drizzle of olive oil.